Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yep, it was a doozy!

So I mentioned in my last post that I had peeked at my CF WOD at Crossfit Central Women and it looked like a doozy, well it was!!! My class of about 12 shrunk to about 8 so the missing must have read ahead too and said HELL-TO-THE-NO! to this WOD and stayed home! Those of us that did show greeted each other with the same sentiments about what lay ahead of us, fear and dread!

10 Burpee Pull Ups
10 Long Jumps
10 Push Ups
10 Jump Lunges
X5
20 minute time limit

What's a Burpee Pull Up you ask? Check this out:



So it's that crazy jump down into a push up thing then jump right back up into a pull up you see Big Mike doin' here in this video. Personally, I am both vertically challenged and genetically missing the jack-in-the-box spring action to be able to jump and grab the bar. My CF coach says it's not a actually physical shortcoming but is all mental. Anywho, Coach Crystal kindly allowed those of us who are either physically or mentally challenged by this particular exercise to just jump up and try to tap, touch, grab on to the bar but, and this is a big but, after finishing the 10 burpee bar tap/touch/grab we had to do 10 decline pull ups. Thanks Coach Crystal :-) So I finished 4 rounds plus made it through all the burpees in round 5 and 4 decline pull ups. I was pretty proud of my outcome :-) For good measure, Coach Crystal had hold handstand 2x for 30 seconds. This was an absolute piece of cake! Since CF my HS's have become so much stronger, thanks to my new stronger shoulders and arms :-)

Fuel for Wednesday, April 14th:

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.:
3 eggs whites
1/2 c chopped green peppers
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped baby bella mushrooms
1/2 tbsp coconut oil

Snack 10:30 a.m.:
1/2 Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Lunch 12:00 p.m.:
1 c spagehetti squash
1 c spaghetti sauce with ground beef

Snack 3:00 p.m.:
1/2 c diced canteloupe
1 oz prosciutto
splash of basalmic vinegar

Snack 6:00 p.m.:
1/2 c Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Dinner 8:30 p.m.:
3 shrimp and 2 scallops sauteed in olive oil and garlic salt
mixed field greens with beets, cabbage and carrots
1/2 c Coconut Bliss Naked Coconut and Dark Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment