Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Skinny Jeans Now Fat Jeans!

Over the Christmas holidays while on a visit to see my sister in Dallas she talked me into buying a pair of "skinny jeans".  Reluctant to do so for several reasons including #1 my age,  #2 my body image and #3 I had a plan to lose weight and didn't want to waste money on a pair of jeans I would not be able to wear for long, I walked into the Gap and plopped down about $50 on a pair of skinny jeans.  I was pleasantly surprised at how cute they acutally looked especially with longer sweaters that covered my big a$$ and tucked into stilleto boots that made my legs look 2 ft longer.  They are made out of stretch fabric like most denim today so they were pretty forgiving but still as the name implies were pretty much skin tight.  I wore these jeans occassionally over the winter but still preferred the other bootcut styles in my closet.

Typically I wear a dress and heels to work but since I would be alone in the office today, I decided to wear something more casual.  While brushing my teeth, I skimmed through my casual clothes and decided to give the "skinnys" a go with a pair of flat sandals giving my legs and feet a respite from the torture devices I wear as shoes most days.  After breakfast, I slid the skinnys on and noticed that they felt weird  but thought I already have them on, let's just go with the plan and off to work I went.  Now half way through my day, it hit me that the weird feeling is the sensation of baggy pants syndrome!  Since I don't have a full length mirror at home, I decided that maybe I should go check them out in the full length mirror in the bathroom at work.  Sure enough my skinny jeans are skinny no more!  They now more closely resemble baggy jeans from the 1980's!  I have 2 hands worth of space in the waiste and can pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping them! WOO-HOO!!!  I guess these jeans will be going to the back of the closet to R.I.P. with the rest of my fat clothes and jeans!  Good riddance fat skinny jeans :-)

I got another surprise last night when I went to take Lilyana's class at Black Swan, she was not teaching!  Instead the wonderful Tyler led us through a super sweaty, super flexy, super strong class and he gave me some super juicy adjustments to open my hips more deeply in a couple of poses.  Although my clothes were ringing wet and my mat had become a slip and slide by class end, I felt like I was floating on air as I walked home!  Thanks Tyler!

At the beginning of my Crossfit journey my CF workouts were having a less than desirable impact on my yoga practice.  I was very sore most days from my WOD's which affected my flexibility.  I knew that this was just temporary and that my body would adjust and things would come back into balance I just had to be patient.  Last night I realized that the shift has occurred and that not only am I stronger, my body has returned to its more bendy, flexy state.  HURRAH!!!!!

My fuel log is not quite as exciting as the rest of my report since it is practically a carbon copy of Monday's but here ya go:

B'fast 8:00 a.m.:
3 egg whites
1/2 c chopped green peppers and onions
1/4 c chopped baby bella mushrooms
1 tsp coconut oil
Yogi Tea Rejuvenation Green Tea w/1 tsp agave crack, I mean nectar :-)
1 small mandarine orange

Snack 10:00 a.m.
1/2 German Chocolate Larabar

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
2 c spaghetti squash
1 c homemade spaghetti sauce with meat

Snack 4:00 p.m.
1/2 c diced canteloupe
1 oz of prosciutto

Snack 6:00 p.m.
12 pistachios

Dinner 9:00 p.m.
3 oz oven baked salmon
1 c kale cooked in vegetable broth with garlic and red pepper
1 c mashed baked sweet potato with a dash of cinnamon
1 small mandarine orange

I am looking forward to tonight's WOD: 15 kettle bell sumo dead lift high pull (16kg elite weight)
15 dumbbell shoulder press (30 lbs elite weight), 13 kb sdlhp13 db shoulder press, 11, 9 , 7, 5, 3, 1.  Learning my lesson from Monday night when I went too light in weight, I will start with 14 kg for the kb and 20 with the db's and scale back if necessary.  I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment