Monday, April 26, 2010

On My Own

Today is the 1st Monday since January 4th that I have not attended a Crossfit Class and I am feeling a bit uneasy.  As I mentioned last week, Crossfit Central will be closed this week for regularly scheduled classes since classes run in 4 week cycles and April has 5 weeks.  This week has been proclaimed a week of R&R (rest and recovery) by the CFC coaches but I am still struggling with this idea.  I have made such progress and I am afraid that one week off will mean taking 2 or 3 or 4 steps back.  I had originally decided to make this a week of extra public yoga classes and runs on the trail but am now toying with the idea of adding in a light WOD following my runs today and Wednesday.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Monday:
Run 3 miles
3 Rounds:
15 kettlebell sumo deadlift high pulls
15 kettlebell lunge pass-throughs
21 kettlebell Swings

Tuesday:
Vinyasa Yoga with Lilyana

Wednesday:
Run 3 miles
3 Rounds:
25 push-ups
25 sit-ups
25 jump squats

Thursday: 
REST :-)

Friday:
Run 4 miles

Saturday:
Vinyasa Yoga

Tried out Paleo Meatloaf last night.  I have never made meatloaf in my entire life so I was in the dark on this one.  I did not make a sauce to start with but after baking and tasting decided it needed a little somethin', somethin' so I cooked diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic salt, pepper and a splash of agave crack :-) and spooned on top of each piece as it was served.  Overall, it was tastey but not delicious and was a little dry and dense.  Mr. X ate 3 pieces and thought it was great but it really didn't thrill me so I don't think I will be revisiting that recipe.

Friday night after my run, Mr. X and I headed over to Opal Divine's for dinner.  Since goining paleo we have gone to OD's almost every Friday night for dinner.  It's a nice little walk over from our place and the people watching is fun from the 2nd floor porch so we always snag a table up there.  I like OD's because they are very accomodating with my food prep and the margaritas are paleo friendly at only 5 grams of carbs! 

Speaking of alcohol, I really notice the affect of alcohol on my body since I started eating paleo style.  2 drinks is definitely my stopping point, any more and I feel like crap!  I have tested this 3 times now with the same result so I am trying to stick to a 2 drink limit.

Saturday I went to Vinyasa Yoga and since it was so beautiful outside yesterday, I went on a walk around the lake with Mr. X.

My food for the weekend looked like this:

Friday 4/23/10:
Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
3 egg whites
1/2 c chopped green pepper and onions
1 small mandarin orange

Snack 10:30 a.m.
1/2 Key Lime Pie Larabar

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
6 Boiled Shrimp
Salad of field greens, cabbage, beets and carrots

Snack 3:00 p.m.
1/2 c canteloupe
1 oz prosciutto
splash of basalmic vinegar

Snack 5:00 p.m.
1/2 Key Lime Pie Larabar

Dinner 8:30 p.m.
Opal Divine's Bubba Burger w/ no bun, no cheese just hot wing sauce, japaleno peppers and grilled onions, side of guacamole, and side salad with no dressing.  2 "paleo" margaritas on the rocks with salt.

Saturday 4/24/10

Breakfast 8:30 a.m.
2 eggs whites
1/4 c chopped green peppers and onions
1/2 c canteloupe
1 oz proscuitto

Lunch 12:30 a.m.
6 Boiled Shrimp
Salad of field greens, spinach, cabbage, beets and carrots

Snack 4:00 p.m.
Chocolate Hazelnut Larabar

7:00 p.m.
1 glass of champagne upon arrival to the opera

9:00 p.m.
1 glass of champagne at intermission

Dinner 10:30 p.m.
Carpaccio with arugula, lemon and horseradish sauce
2 glasses of red wine

Sunday 4/25/10

Breakfast 9:00 a.m.
Paleo Pancakes

Lunch 12:30 p.m.
6 boiled shrimp
Salad of field greens, spinach, cabbage, beets and carrots

Snack 3:00 p.m.
Chocolate Hazelnut Larabar and a hand full of pistachios

Dinner 8:30 p.m.
1 slice of paleo meatloaf
oven roasted asparagus cooked in olive oil, sea salt, and garlic
1/4 c Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate

I have hit a plateau with my weight loss, still bouncing between the 8 and 9 lbs.  I really want to get over the 10 lb hump before I have my Spartan 300 Challenge benchmark weigh-in on May 8th. With this week being the R&R week I'm tightening up on my eating and going more Zone/Paleo to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment