Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Food and Fitness Log #1

Part of my reason for starting this blog was to document my daily workouts and food intake. So here is my Food and Fitness Log for Monday, March 12, 2010:

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.:
3 eggs whites
1/4 c chopped green pepper
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c chopped baby bella mushrooms
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup of Yogi Tea Rejuvenation Green Tea
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tangerine

Snack 11:00 a.m.:1 Cashew Cookie Larabar

Lunch 12:45 p.m.:1 cup spagehtti squash
1 cup spaghetti sauce made by me from scratch :-) Here's the recipe for a batch. I've done this for the past 2 Sundays and divide it over a course of 2 lunches and 2 dinners.

1 cup of chopped green peppers
1 cup of chopped yellow onions
1 cup of chopped baby bella mushrooms
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 lb 96% lean ground beef or bison
1 tsp Minced Garlic
Garlic Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Thyme
Basil
Oregano
Olive Oil

Sautee peppers, onion and garlic sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper in olive oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. When peppers soften and onions began to become translucent, add diced tomatoes (I strain the juices from the tomatoes so that the sauce is not too watery). Add thyme, basil, and oregano. I don't measure my herbs but I would say I use about a teaspoon and a half of each. Cook mixture on medium heat until most of the liquid from the tomatoes has cooked out but the mixture is still wet. Add tomato sauce and heat until it bubbles, turn down to low heat and add mushrooms. Prepare ground beef by mixing with garlic salt and black pepper and then cooking in a pan on medium heat until browned. Add meat to the sauce, allow it to simmer over the next 30-45 minutes and voila!

Snack 6:00 p.m.:
1/2 Key Lime Pie Larabar

Dinner 8:30 p.m.:
3 oz oven baked salmon
2 c kale cooked with minced garlic, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth
1 c mashed baked sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon
1/2 c mixture of Coconut Bliss Naked Coconut and Dark Chocolate "ice cream". This is not really an ice cream because it contains no dairy and is considered Paleo friendly. It is absolutely incredibly yummy!!! Check it out here http://www.coconutbliss.com/

This paleo diet thing definitely agrees with my body! I have lost 7 lbs since March 15th, I have more energy and the inflammation and pain I was experiencing in some of my finger joints has disappeared! I truly believe it is the elimination of grains, dairy and legumes. My mother is afraid that I am starving myself but as you can see by the amount of food I eat, I am definitely NOT starving!

If you want to know more about Paleo eating check this out:



4/12/10 WOD:

Deadlift 3 x 5: 90 lbs, 110 lbs, 120 lbs
3 Rounds of:
9 Pull Ups
15 Kettle Bell Lunges
21 Kettle Bell Swings
15 Kettle Bell Lunges
9 Pull Ups
21 Kettle Bell Swings

Elite Kettle Bell weight was 16 kg, I used 12 kg.
2 weeks ago after 85 pull ups and 100 push ups in my first ever "Angie" I shredded my forearms and ended up with swelling from just above my wrists to right above my elbow. So I knocked out the first 9 green band assisted pull ups with no problem but after the KB swings my forearms where starting to really tighten up and burn on the 2nd set of 9. Coach Crystal warned me to back off to avoid the "Angie" arms I had just recovered from and to move to jumping pull ups if I needed to. I hated to do it but I start training for the Spartan 300 Challenge in 3 1/2 weeks and I want to keep my arms happy and not shredded and swollen so I resorted to a mix of band kipps and jumps :-(

I finished 2.5 rounds when Crystal called time at 20 minutes (I think). I don't feel so bad about not finishing because I don't think anyone did except maybe superwoman Myriam :-) I see on CFCW Twitter that Julie R finished as RX'ed in 17:30. Don't know who Julie R since she is not in my class but WAY TO GO!!!!

Looking forward to a great Vinyasa class with Lilyana at Black Swan tonight at 7:00. Yoga is the perfect post CF physical therapy I can think of so check it out sometime if you haven't already :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment