Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend

Started the weekend Friday night by working late and missing my run but made it to my Goddess Gathering with my girlfriends.  The hostess had whipped up the most divine ceviche which went perfect with my Paelo friendly margaritas!  She cooked 2 beautiful quiches and served an apple slaw that looked yummy but I decided to stay on course with my no dairy, grains or sugar plan and just enjoy the ceviche.

Saturday morning I spent with my kula (my yoga community) practicing Vinyasa Flow with the divine Ms. Jenn followed by a much needed mani/pedi and some poolside time in the sun.  That evening Mr. X took me to Peche where I ate carrpachio (my new favorite food) from Richardson Farms with 2 glasses of meritage.  Mr. X watched in amazement as I gobble up the raw beef commenting that he can't believe just a few weeks ago I was a long time vegetarian!

Sunday I made paleo pancakes for myself and a scramble of eggs, green peppers, onion and smoke sea bass for Mr. X.  I spent a couple of hours poolside reading a new book I bought that morning and then headed out to run errands and grocery shop.  I walked 4 miles around the lake with Mr. X and came home to prep meals for the week.

Tonight I start up Crossfit again so I checked the WOD first thing this morning.  It is the benchmark WOD called Fight Gone Bad.  This is the first workout I did in my CF class that I started back in March so I am really excited to see how I have improved since then!

Here's my Fuel Log for the past weekend:

Friday April 30th

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
3 egg whites
1/2 c chopped onions and green peppers
1 tsp coconut oil

Snack 10:30 a.m.
1/2 Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
2 pieces of London Broil
1/2 c broccoli
1/2 c brussel sprouts

Snack 4:00 p.m.
1/2 Coconut Cream Larabar

Dinner 8:00 p.m.
Ceviche - shrimp, avocado, tomato and onion
Margaritas - tequilia, lime juice, agave nectar and water

Saturday, May 1st

Breakfast 9:45 a.m.
1 oz proscuitto
1/2 c canteloupe

Lunch 2:30
Shrimp cooked fajita style
onions, green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms
lettuce
guacamole
1 small manadrine orange

Snack 6:00 p.m.
Pistachios
1/2 Chocolate Hazelnut Larabar

Dinner 9:30 p.m.
Beef Carpacchio with mustard horseradish sauce on a bed of arugula
2 glasses of red wine

Sunday, May 2nd

Breakfast 9:30 a.m.
Paleo Pancakes

Lunch 3:00 p.m.
1/2 lb baby back ribs

Snack 7:00 p.m.
2 small mandarine oranges

Dinner 8:30 p.m.
blackened catfish filet
salad of field greens, cabbage, carrots, pineapple and canteloupe
1/4 c Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate

I am so excited because I think I may have converted a friend to Crossfit and Paleo diet!  I hope she joins me for this journey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment