Thursday, May 27, 2010

MIA

I've been MIA since last week because my life was CRAZY BUSY but I'm back with a run down of meals and workouts :-)

Friday 5/21/10 - This was the night of my monthly Goddess Gathering Dinner with my girlfriends and they really liked the Paleo meal especially Jess's Artichoke Salad and the Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate w/strawberries and Macaroons :-)


Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
1/4 c onion
1/4 c green pepper
1/4 c mushrooms
1/2 c egg whites
1 tsp coconut oil

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
4 oz smoked turkey
field greens, beets, cabbage, carrots w/basalmic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic salt dressing

Snack 2:00 p.m.
1/2 c canteloupe
2 oz oven roasted turkey

Dinner 8:00 p.m.
2 Paleo Margaritas
Oven baked fish topped with sauce of tomatoes, olives, capers, onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil
Oven roasted zucchini and squash
Artichoke, tomato, cucumber, olive, salad mixed with basil, basalmic vinegar and olive oil
Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate, strawberries, macaroon

Saturday 5/22/10

Breakfast 9:45 a.m.
1 banana
1 tbsp almond butter

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
Oven baked fish topped with sauce of tomatoes, olives, capers, onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil
Oven roasted zucchini and squash
Artichoke, tomato, cucumber, olive, salad mixed with basil, basalmic vinegar and olive oil

Snack 4:00 p.m.
Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate and strawberries

Dinner 8:30 p.m.
Hamburger patty w/guacamole, sautéed onions and peppers
2 paleo margaritas
1 glass red wine

Workout:
4 mile run - 8:30 a.m.
Vinyasa Yoga - 10:30 a.m.

Sunday 5/23/10

Breakfast 9:00 a.m.
Paleo Pancakes

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
1 poached egg
1 slice Canadian bacon
1 slice salami
1 slice ham
Spinach with strawberries tossed in champagne vinagerette

Snack 4:30 p.m.
Handful pistachios

Dinner 8:00 p.m.
Oven baked fish topped with sauce of tomatoes, olives, capers, onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil
Oven roasted zucchini and squash
Artichoke, tomato, cucumber, olive, salad mixed with basil, basalmic vinegar and olive oil

Workout 5:30 p.m.:

#1
12 Ring Rows
18 Sit ups
24 Walking Lunges
5 Rounds

#2
21 Box Step Up and Jump Down on 21” box
21 Dumbell Deadlifts 20#
3 Rounds

For Good Measure:
10 Burpees

And then:
4 mile walk

Monday 5/24/10

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
1/4 c onion
1/4 c green pepper
1/4 c mushrooms
1/2 c egg whites
1 tsp coconut oil

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
4 oz Turkey
field greens, beets, cabbage, carrots w/basalmic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic salt dressing

Snack 4:00 p.m.
1 c cantaloupe
2 oz turkey

Dinner 8:30
3 oz salmon
Oven roasted asparagus tossed in olive oil with garlic salt and pepper
¼ c Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate and 2 strawberries

Workout:
Strength Drill - 3 60 second handstands
WOD:
12 Ring Row
6 Dumbbell Snatch (3l/3r - @ 25#)
3 Burpees
AMRAP

I did ring rows the night before in place of pull ups in my Spartan 300 additional workout so my shoulders were pretty tired. I was able to do all 36 ring rows on Sunday with straight legs but had resort to bent knees after the first 12 :-( In order to not overwork my right shoulder I used 15# dumbbell on the snatch. Finished 6 full rounds and got through 4 ring rows in the 7th round.

On Tuesday I had to attend a conference in Dallas so I had to pack a food that was portable and non-perishable and that would be light and compact as I had to carry it in my purse all day long.  It was a challenge to eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables I typically would and I did have to rely on a Larabar and Paleo Treats but I was able to stay Paleo for the entire trip :-)  Lunch was a big texas style bbq but since I did not know where the meat was from I ate salami that I brought from home.  They did serve cole slaw with no mayo and grilled vegetable that were actually tasty. 

I typically do Vinyasa yoga as my workout on Tuesdays so I missed my class being out of town so I took a rest day and went to watch my nephew's baseball game and to dinner with my family after.
Tuesday 5/25/10

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
1/4 c onion
1/4 c green pepper
1/4 c mushrooms
1/2 c egg whites
1 tsp coconut oil

Snack 10:00 a.m.
1 cashew cookie Larabar

Lunch 12:30 p.m.
½ c cole slaw
1 c grilled veggies
1 oz salami

Snack 4:00 p.m.
1 Paleo Treat Mac Attack

Dinner 7:30 p.m.
Shrimp sautéed in oil with green peppers and onions with guacamole
2 Paleo margaritas
½ Paleo Treat Cacao Now


Wednesday 5/26/10

Breakfast 7:00 a.m.
Paleo Pancakes

Snack 10:00 a.m.
Stopped at Starbucks to a coffee to which I added Sugar in the Raw and Half and Half :-(

Lunch 11:45 a.m.
Field greens with beets, cabbage, carrots and basalmic vingarette
4 oz smoked turkey breast

Snack 4:00 p.m.
2 oz smoked turkey breast
1 c canteloupe

Dinner 8:45 p.m.
11 oz coconut water
1/2 lb baby back ribs
2 zucchini and 2 squash oven roasted in olive oil, garlic salt and pepper
1/4 c Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate

Workout:
Strength - Squat Clean 5x1 - 45#, 65#, 70#, 80#, 95# - Crystal said that I was lifting too light because the bar was "floating" so I need to go heavier next time.
WOD:
Tabata - For twenty seconds do as many reps of the assigned exercise as you can - then rest 10 seconds. Repeat this seven more times for a total of 8 intervals, 4 minutes total exercise.  The score is the least number of reps for any of the eight intervals. 
Pull Ups - Highest 10/ Lowest 5
Pushup - Highest 10/ Lowest 5 (I did the 1st 10 on my toes but had to drop to knees for the rest)
Sit Ups - Highest 13/ Lowest 10
Squats - Highest 15/ Lowest 12
This one wore me out.  I started strong but faded pretty fast in pull ups and push ups but maintained a stronger pass in sit ups and squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment