Thursday, May 6, 2010

Centipede I'm Not

During yesterday's WOD our skill practice was focused on sit ups, in particular hip and back extensions and the combo.  The hip and back extensions alone where fairly easy but the combo deal not so much.  Crystal explained that you should roll up and down using a "centipede" like movement.  The video below is a beautiful demonstration of all 3.



Unfortunately, I looked more like the awkward Centipede as channeled by Rebbie Jackson in the video of her 1984 hit "Centipede"



I think my abs got more of a work out from laughing at myself than from the actual exercise!

Yesterday's WOD was no laughing matter, however.  Especially since I was on the 4th burpee of my last set when Crystal called time at 10 minutes.  I lost time by starting with the elite weight 45# barbell, pushed out my first 5 and realized I had been too ambitious so I hurriedly changed out to a 35# bar with Crystal's help.  Having to change the bar costs me those precious seconds I needed to finish the last 6 of my last 10 burpees.

2 Rounds/10 Minute Time Limit

40 Bar Bell shoulder press (45)
30 air squat
20 sit ups
10 Burpees

Jori and I stayed after class to practice our kipping pull-ups. 




I still use the green band but she doesn't need a band at all.  Some of my seasoned classmates and Crystal stayed after and helped me.  That's one of the things I LOVE about CF, it is a real community of people supporting one another to meet our personal goals.  They all kept telling me that I need to push off from the top and just float down, I am controling the release too much.  Crystal blames it on my yoga and since she trains a couple of other yoginis I know I'm guessing she is speaking from experience.

Today is my rest day and I am debating over what or how much I should actually do tomorrow with my Spartan benchmark being Saturday.  I typically run on Fridays but I am wondering with this sudden rise in temperatures from the mild 80's to the humid upper 90's if I should take a rest tomorrow as well.  I think I will play it by ear and just see how I feel tomorrow evening. 

Fuel Log 5/5/10:

Breakfast 8:00 a.m.
3 egg whites
1/2 c green peppers and onions
1/4 c shrooms
1 tsp coconut oil

Snack 10:30 a.m.
1/2 Coconut Cream Pie Larabar

Lunch 12:00 p.m.
2 c spaghetti squash
1 c meat sauce

Snack 4:00 p.m.
1/2 c cantloupe
1 oz prosciutto

Dinner 8:45 p.m.
2 slices of salami
4 scallops sauteed in olive oil and garlic salt
field greens with cabbage, carrots and beets
homemade basalmic vinegar dressing - olive oil, basalmic vinegar, agave nectar, garlic salt
1/2 c mashed backed sweet potato with coconut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment